Monday, August 14, 2017

Lost and Found



 





 Lushness peeled off and cleft,
Buoyed and spun with
The ebbs, surges, tides and currents.

Wisdom, once the best friend
Lay stacked away
Underneath dusts of oblivion.

Fragrance retreated,
And hid flattened between pages
Of a forgotten diary.

Radiance that strung all together
Broke off from the strand
And was lost to the seas.

Severed from the life and spirit,
The crux, the savour and the love,
All seemed lost.

The hands fumbled blindly for long
And having failed in the find,
They hung loose.

Then tired, when the eyes started closing
Something slid into the hollow of the fist,
Something that beat in resonance with the heart.

Feeling the persistent throbbing of my own vein.
I awakened and found me;
I found me and awakened. 



(This poem first appeared in Wax Poetry Art)

No comments:

Post a Comment